Benefits of growing mushrooms during Covid Lockdown
Unlike any other food, Mushrooms are the ultimate survival food. Here are 6 reasons why:
- Health Properties: Mushrooms have been scientifically proven to boost and regulate peoples immune systems. We have an article about this in the section below.
- Nutrition: Mushrooms also have many other essential vitamins and minerals to keep you healthy.
- Fast and easy to grow: Our grow your own kit is fast to grow. The 5kg options provide a good size harvest to feed a small family. You should be harvesting in a couple of weeks.
- Add excitement to meals: If you have stocked up on rice and pasta, mushrooms are the perfect and tasty addition adding excitement to the meal. See our recipe section below.
- Fun for kids: …both big and small. Unlike grass, mushrooms are fast movers. This can provide educational entertainment for kids. Watch the mycelium colonise the bag, and then the baby mushrooms grow almost in front of your eyes.
- Reassuring: With covid here for the foreseeable future and the uncertainty it brings, it’s reassuring to know you can grow your own food. We’ve made it as simple as possible to grow. Plus no standing in long supermarket lines.
- Bonus item: If the S**t really hit the fan, all you would need is some mushroom culture (like the stuff inside the grow kit) plus a little know-how, and you’d be growing tons of mushrooms in next to no time.
Tasty lockdown recipes
Mushrooms and their health benefits
If you have enjoyed what you have read, we would sure appreciate you sharing. We are a very small business and this really helps us …like you wouldn’t believe.