Our OGM! Gourmet Gift Box is a foodie’s paradise. It contains all of our unique products, most of which come from ingredients grown on our permaculture farm in Ohau.
This makes a perfect gift for not just foodies but also people on a plant-based diet (like vegans) and is also gluten-free.
What’s in the gift box?
- Pink Oyster Mushroom Kimchi. A spicy and delicious kimchi that uses our Pink oyster mushroom instead of cabbage.
- Grey Oyster Mushroom Pickle, with Lemon and Thyme. A great condiment served with cheese or crackers, or pour it onto a salad, the liquid makes an awesome vinegarette.
- Fermented Yacon & Yuzu with Nori & chilli. A new and exciting creation from our kitchen/lab. Yakon is an awesomely healthy food, sweet but low in digestible sugars.
- Oyster Mushroom Chips. Made by our friends at Mushroom House New Zealand. A delicious and nutritious snack.
- A cob of Glass Gem Popcorn. Grown on our farm from heirloom corn that originated in New Mexico. You can Pop! by putting the cob into a paper bag and microwaving it. You could also keep a few kernels and try growing some yourself.
- 2 bulbs of Black Garlic. You can just peel and eat, they taste like candy for grown-ups …or, you could spread it on crackers, add it to pasta or pizza, mash it into potatoes or mix it with some vanilla ice cream. You’re only limited by your imagination.
All of these are 100% plant-based and gluten-free.
A 100% Plant Based Superfood
OGM is dedicated to producing 100% sustainable, ethical, natural and nutritious foods.
- Sustainable: We are a small-scale grower and food producer with a focus on local and niche markets. As a business, wherever possible we use recycled materials and aim for zero waste. All of our processes, from growing to making food, require low energy and water consumption. Zero chemicals or sprays are used. We use permaculture principles to care for the land that we are entrusted to maintain for future generations. Whenever possible we buy and support other local growers.
- Ethical: No animals are harmed in the making of our food. We ensure that our ingredients are ethically sourced.
- Natural: Our food is ultra-low-processed. We are not certified organic, but we use organic principles just the same. We use natural processes to grow our mushrooms and natural processes to make our food. This is why we favour fermentation as our main production method.
- Nutritious: We are firm believers in functional food, with health and nutrition coming from the food we eat rather than from supplements or medicines. You can be assured that everything we make and sell is healthy. All the processes we use to make food not only make it taste even better but also increase the health or nutritional benefits.
We know that we cannot produce enough volume to feed the planet, so have focused our production on people that appreciate high-quality food that is packed to the gunnel with health and flavour.
The gift box is shipped all over NZ using NZ Couriers for overnight delivery North Island, and second-day South Island.