Sautéed Oyster Mushrooms
- 200g fresh oyster mushrooms
- 30g butter
- 2 cloves garlic sliced thinly
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt
- 50ml cream (optional)
- Handful parsley, spinach or spring onion, roughly chopped
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Ricotta (optional)
- Sliced good quality bread
- Melt the butter in a heavy based fry pan. Add garlic and cook until soft.
- Tear the mushrooms into strips (can discard stem or cut into smaller pieces and use) and add mushrooms to pan and cook until soft.
- Add cream if using, and turn down heat.
- Add parsley (or spinach or spring onion) and squeeze of lemon.
- Spread toast or fresh bread with butter or ricotta, pile on the mushrooms and add pepper and salt to taste.
- Variation: Add dash of Tamari and sesame oil in place of cream and lemon