Oyster Mushroom Soup with Egg Flower
- 200g fresh oyster mushroom, tear into large portions
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 3 slices fresh ginger
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 Tbsp. cooking oil
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 4 -6 cups good quality vegetable stock
- Heat oil in a pot or wok, then fry the oyster mushroom for around 30 seconds until slightly soft.
- Pour in stock and ginger slices. Bring to boil and simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Turn up heat and pour the whisked egg in. At the same time, stir the soup with a scoop either quickly or slowly. When the egg flower is formed, turn heat off.
- Add sesame oil and pinch of salt, and combine well.
- Serve with chopped spring onions.