- 350g fresh oyster mushrooms
- Pack frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 125g plain goat cheese
- ½ cup chopped fresh herbs
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Combine the goat's cheese, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Roll out the puff pastry to a few cm thick and cut into 6 equal sized rectangles. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Note: Serve as smaller appetizers by cutting the pastry into smaller pieces and slightly reduce the baking time.
- Spread the goat cheese mixture on each piece of puff pastry leaving a few cm around the edge as a border.
- Bake the tarts for 18-20 minutes until they have puffed up and are golden brown around the edges.
- Tear the mushrooms into strips (can discard stem or cut into smaller pieces and use)
- While the tarts are baking, melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat and sauté the mushrooms until soft.
- When the tarts are baked, top with mushrooms and serve. Salt and pepper to taste.