Pink Oyster mushrooms are perfect for growing at home, especially in the summer. They grow very quickly often fruiting 2-3 weeks after the bag is made. They can be heavy "fruiters", growing many mushrooms during each flush. If looked after, it will last many months.
- Pinks are an 'indoor' grow, similar to a tropical house plant.
- When it is dormant (which is most of the time), it just needs to be in a spot that is not dry. The temperature should be one that you would find comfortable.
- While fruiting, which only takes 4-5 days, it will need more care. It needs high humidity and fresh air.
- Many people successfully grow them on a kitchen bench, in glasshouses, sheds, and garages.
- Difficulty: Easy, beginner
- Yield: About half a kilo per kilo of substrate
- Temperature: between 20-27 degrees.
- Humidity: high. Above 85% relative humidity (when mushrooms are growing). Rule of thumb, if it's a spot where damp laundry would easily dry, this will be a problem.
- Inside: Preferably in the bathroom, but the kitchen may be ok. Not in bedrooms or living spaces.
- Outside: We generally don't recommend outside, except if trying to trigger pinning.