Creamy Oyster Mushroom Pasta
- 400g fresh oyster mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 cup cream
- 400 g fettuccine
- 1 pot creme fraiche, to serve
- Grated parmesan cheese, to serve
- 1 handful microgreens, to serve (optional)
- Place a saucepan of water on to boil for the pasta. Add a pinch of salt and some olive oil to the water.
- Heat butter and oil in pan over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes taking care not to brown.
- Add wine and bring to the boil, then turn down to a low simmer. Cook to reduce liquid by half.
- Tear the mushrooms into strips (can discard stem or cut into smaller pieces and use)
- Add mushrooms and cook for 2 more minutes. Stir through parsley.
- Add cream and let simmer on low to reduce and thicken.
- Place pasta on to boil, drain when cooked
- Serve pasta topped with mushroom sauce. Add black pepper and salt to taste. Garnish with crème fraiche, parmesan and microgreens.